If you have trouble ordering, please EMAIL us, or call 405-881-4=5028 for help. Firelight Heritage Farm is based in the United States.
Shipping INSIDE the United States is a flat $8 per order.
We are in search of donations of mature mushroom specimens for a variety of mushroom types. Mushrooms will be used for research into cultivation methods for the specific type, and submitters are required to release all rights pertaining to the submitted specimens.
We cannot afford to pay for specimens, but we are happy to credit you with $50 in our store for each donation, for any edible (or in some cases, medicinal) mushroom which we do not already have, provided the amount is sufficient for our use. We will also let the submitter name the mushroom strain.
All specimens must be fresh, in good condition. They may not be frozen or dried (unless you request instructions from us to dry them). They must be positively identified as the variety needed, OR in good enough condition for us to identify. SPORE PRINTS are also helpful and wanted, as long as they are substantial prints that are highly visible and microscopically identifiable as the mushroom in question.
We are ONLY interested in EDIBLE GOURMET mushrooms. We are NOT interested in regulated or recreational mushrooms. We ARE interested in "suspect" mushrooms - those that have historically been considered edible but have some reports of illness associated.
Where possible, we need a minimum of 3-5 clean specimens of each variety, but MORE IS BETTER.They should be mature (caps open), with developed spores, OR, a variety of cap maturities which include at least one open cap. A single specimen is acceptable when no others can be found, provided it is a mature specimen in good condition (store credit may be less for single specimens).
The donator is responsible for packaging and shipping the mushrooms to us (you must contact us first, and we will instruct you in the packaging). We do not reimburse shipping unless the mushroom is one we need badly. Most mushrooms may be packaged and shipped Priority Mail, but some will require overnight shipping.
WE DO NOT WANT ANY VARIETIES of Coprinus, Coprinellus, or Coprinopsis, or any other mushroom that will go inky. They won't hold up to shipping.
Submitters are requested to fill out a questionnaire regarding the habitat in which the mushroom was found, season, weather, etc. More information helps us.
We are in search of many varieties, some of which are listed below. This is by NO MEANS a comprehensive list. If we do not have the mushroom listed in our inventory on our website, and it is edible, chances are we need it!
Varieties will be removed from the list as they are acquired.
- Bicolor Bolete
- Bay Bolete
- Larch Bolete
- Other edible Bolete type mushrooms, including Leccinum species
- Varieties of large Chanterelles
- Blue Chanterelle
- Rufo Morels
- Laetiporus Cincinnatus - The lighter variety of Chicken of the Woods
- Laetiporous Gilbertsonii - Pacific Northwest variety that grows on hardwood
- Rosites Caperata (Gypsy Mushroom, incorrectly called Cortinarius Caperatus)
- Parasol Mushroom
- Shaggy Parasol Varieties (including Molybdites Chlorophyllum - yeah, we know that is the poisonous one!! Handle with gloves please.)
- Edible Marasmius Varieties
- Grey Knight
- Agaricus Blazei, Subrufescens, Lilaceps, Arvensis, Purpurescens
- Calocybe Gambosa (St. George's Mushroom)
- Calocybe Indica (Milky Mushroom)
- Train Wrecker (Neolentinus lepideus)
- Oyster mushrooms OTHER than Pleurotus Pulmonarius, Eringii, Populinus, Ostreatus, Columbinus (we are interested primarily in wild grown strains, but will appreciate cultivated)
- Panellus seritonus and Edible Oyster mushrooms that are in any genus other than Pleurotus.
- True Elm Oyster (with the stem)
- Paddy Straw, and other edible Volvariella species (Rosegills).
- Edible Tricholomas (in addition to Grey Knight and Matsutake, INCLUDING Man on Horseback)
- Chuling (Zhuling)
- Beefsteak Polypore
- Yellow Pluteus
- Leucopaxillus giganteus, and similar species
- Birch Bracket
- Platterful Mushroom
- Winecap Mushrooms
- Psathyrella rugocephala
- Psathyrella delineata
- Any Edible Truffle varieties other than Oregon White or Oregon Black.
- Hericium Species (Lion's Mane, Bear's Head tooth, Coral tooth, Logger's Beard, etc)
- Forest Lamb Mushroom (Albatrellus ovinus, confluens or other edible Albatrellus)
- Hexagonal-pored Polypore (Polyporus Alveolaris)
- Berkley's Polypore
- Black Staining Polypore
- Reishi (any type)
- Calvatia cyathiformis, Calvatia craniformis, and other edible puffball varieties
Other edible mushrooms which are identifiable macroscopically, and which we do not already have listed as available on our website.
Mushrooms may cause allergic reactions in sensitive people. Some mushrooms are more likely to do this than others. Please research possible reactions prior to purchase. We are not responsible for how you choose to use our products, and do not claim that mushrooms are completely safe to consume. We merely assure that they are as represented on our website.
We do not make any promises as to the efficacy of any mushroom product to treat or prevent any disease or condition. Please consult a doctor or alternative practitioner prior to using any mushroom product for treatment of any disease or illness.
We cannot guarantee that any spawn, spore, or kit product will grow or produce mushrooms. We do guarantee that our products are as described, and that the methods in our instructions do produce good results, but once our products leave our facility, we can no longer control the factors which are responsible for success. Gardening of any kind is a chancy business, and success depends upon adherence to instructions, and may be influenced by weather, environmental factors, and other controllable and non-controllable factors. As such, we cannot guarantee your success, and advise that if you are uncomfortable with purchasing under these terms, that you refrain from purchase.
We do promise to answer your questions, and offer reasonable assistance if needed, and to correct any errors if a mistake is made on our part.